Want to be the life of the party? The iphone app that never fails!! I have yet to pull this app out on people and not get a laugh.. The app is just a picture of a mouth that moves to the sound of your voice! It’s hilarious!! Check it out for yourself!
Dress: Forever21 (similar style here)
Shoes: Zara (here)
Bag and Cuff: TJMAXX
Gina’s look was so cute and so on trend right now, it had to be be shared! I love her color blocked strappy heels from Zara! She put a black top under the dress as not to show too much and she swept all her curls over to one side. She is also the mother of a toddler proving it takes little to look great!
If you have an outfit you would like to share on the blog email us pictures of your outfit and the places you bought it! 🙂
Everybody has there own special potion…
To make their hair more manageable, shine from here to there, and to maximize volume. Here is what I happen to be loving (and using) right now…
- Shampoo and Condition with color safe shampoo. I really do love this Pantene Color Preserve, the conditioner leaves my hair very manageable and it comes at a great price!
- Heat Protector. ALWAYS use any kind of heat product if you are going to blow-dry, curl, or straighten! It a must. I Like this Got2B Guardian Angel one because its a spray so I feel like it doesn’t weigh my hair down and it has a gloss finish.
- Frizz Cream. I use it if i decide I don’t want to take heat to my hair and let it dry naturally without looking like lion in a couple hours or if i want a smoother style like soft looking curls or straight hair. This LivingProof one is great, I only need a small amount for my long locks!
- Volume Spray. Every girl wants big hair these days and not only the ones who live in texas! 😉 I spray a lifting spray like the Redken one right at the roots on the crown of my head.
- Finishing Spray. Always finish with a great flexable hold hairspray that holds your style all day long like thes Loreal Elnett one.
- Deep Conditioner. I didn’t put a picture but I also like to mention I use a deep conditioner once a week(no more than 2/3 times though!) to keep my hair strong. And I switch up the brands I use often.
Jordan Fans where you at?? Do Retros even need a post with a description? Air Jordan 7′, set to release this Summer July 21st and the 6’s July 7. Now, how many of you are getting them?? And which do you … Continue reading
What better way to bring in the summer than with a great mix! Introducing DJ D-Real’s “The Summer Blend Tape” who finally gets us away from all that techno/house music that everyone seems to be mixing these day.. If you … Continue reading
A Good friend once asked me..
“Hey Rita, I really want to buy a sheer blouse but I have no idea how to style it? How would you where it?” Well of course my mind went WILD with ideas because 1: I LOVE sheer blouses and 2: There is really an infinite way to wear them. So i put on my thinking cap and came up with some ideas for her on how to wear them. So here is what I came up with.
A BASIC WHITE SHEER TOP
For this look you can really do anything your little heart desires. One I chose to go with a cute colored lace bandeau and flow over jean shorts. The other I thought would be cute over a white bandeau tucked into a cute skirt like this tangerine one (which is the color of the season).
POLKADOTS AND POP OF COLOR
This outfit is so simple and yet so fun and definitely something I’ve worn before! I would describe this as all black everything with a pop of color. Black bandeau under the blouse, your cutest black skinny jeans, and an awesome cocktail ring! Take your favorite colored heels and you have an effortless look.
PETER PAN AND PEPLUM
This outfit is by far my favorite! This time under the sheer shirt i decided to go with a nude bra because i really want the shirt to stand out on it’s own without any background interference. It’s a classic look because of the high waisted skirt and button down but also trendy with the collar and peplum accents.
So Mildred and i had the pleasure of seeing Waka Flocka Flame at Jimmy Kimmels outdoor concert series yesterday, and lets just say it was a crazy good time. If you live in the southern California area Jimmy Kimmels outdoor concerts are a great way to spend your day. They are free and sometimes you get to catch artists that you really love. In this case we got to see Waka and he DID NOT disappoint. Now we got there at around 5:30 to wait in line and didnt enter till around 6:45. We then had to wait for Jimmy to go through all his guests before the musical guest ( slightly boring since there were no tv screens for us to watch the show while we waited)
He performed about 5 songs and went far beyond other artists by actually interacting with the crowd by joining his fans in the pit. All songs were performed with high energy and he even gave autographs/took pictures with fans during and after the show. All in all i give Waka an A+, besides me almost getting swallowed whole by the mosh pit, i had a great time.I highly recommend you catch an outdoor concert before the summer ends.
Watch Waka from mine and Mildreds point of view…..
…..and in tv land
What do you think of my dress picks? Would you consider picking up one (or a couple!)? Leave a comment below with your opinion and any links to dress you are loving under 50$ right now! xo, Rita
West coast fans where you at? Schoolboy Q, another one of my favorite rappers out right now. His single “hands on the wheel” off his mix tape “Habbits & Contradictions” featuring the one and only ASAP ROCKY is now making its way to the radio. This west coast rapper has already done collaborations with some of the top artist out their right now. He has worked with ASAP, Kendrick, AB Soul, Jay Rock and Tyga! His recent independent album hit #100 in the US Billboards top 200 last year 2011 while his present album hit #111 this year in the same category. If you havent heard him yet IM SHOCKED! So what are you waiting for? Check him out and keep a look out..